Sunday, January 4, 2009

Slight flashback

A couple of days ago my kids started talking about movies that they really liked when they were younger. They mentioned Free Willy 1-3, Hercules, Beauty and the Beast, Independance Day, Saturday's Warriors etc... Stevie and Noah had very little if any recollection of these movies so the kids crawled under the stairs and pulled out the four or five boxes of VHS movies that have be stored under there forever. They also pulled out the VHS machine and hooked it all up. Our family room looked like a tornado had hit it. It reminding me of when Baxter used to pull out all of our videos and build with them and makes roads etc.. (I think he was around 2) Anyway, Stevie and Noah got to experience all of the movies that the older kids had been mentioning. All the kids enjoyed listening to the tapes rewind, kind of a lost sound. Now Stevie is as hooked on Free Willy as the other kids were years ago. I don't know if Steven and I can go through another Free Willy phase as the first one almost killed us but we will endure. Hopefully the videos will find their way back under the stairs before long and life will get back to normal.

3 comments:

Tina said...

I think I have the Free Willy theme in one of my piano books . . . . I'll have to take a look and see what level it is. Very fun to pull out the old movies! I've been enjoying the ones you let me borrow!

Ceci said...

Um yeah The Free Willy theme song is Michael Jackson :\ blah. no offense to anyone. i remember Baxter being hooked on Free Willy we watched it ALL the time. i was hooked on Mary Poppins at least mine is a fantastic movie. (hehe)

King Family said...

I never got into Free Willy. I don't know why. Im a princess movie girl. I want to get them for my kids.. hopefully i'll have some girls.