Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's Over

It has been the best of times, and I can't bring myself to say the worst of times, but they haven't all been the best. We have had a nice relaxing break, but I must admit that I am somewhat pleased that we will be going back to school tomorrow.
PRO: I am ready to go back to school and have the children listen to me and behave without threats of hot sauce or death.
PRO: It will be nice to have my children go to bed on time and get up early again.
CON: I am however not looking forward to packing lunches every blessed morning. It wouldn't be so bad but not all of my children will eat sandwiches, mainly Ceci, so I have fallen into the trap of making her and Baxter and occasionally Noah wraps and Zane and Stevie sandwiches. I know I made my bed, but sometimes I still find it uncomfortable. Then I have to deal with remembering who likes what in regards to fruit and snacks. WHAT A PAIN!!! But I guess it is worth is when I FEEL like I am saving money.
PRO and CON: I will miss Stevie and her shiny self, but will enjoy being able to go to the bathroom without a visitor, and enjoy some alone time without 20 questions popping up all day long.
PRO: I will be able to use my computer at school without having to fight a child to get off of it.
CON: Homework will start up again. Me sending it home and my children receiving it.
PRO: I will hear the children start to practice the piano again. I really do enjoy this, I am not just saying it.
It is a good thing that we experience change in life so that we can appreciate all that we have. I love and am very grateful for my home life and I am also very grateful and love what I do at school too. It may seem like a double edged sword at times but I wouldn't have it any other way.

5 comments:

Tina said...

Very nicely said. . .

Hey, I want to do a game night with your family and mom and dad on Friday before Linc leaves for good . . . . is that good for you?

Emma said...

I can't wait to go back to school either!! Having time off is good but not 3 weeks of time off. What grade do you teach again? Is it first or kindergarten?

young family said...

I am ready for routine, but I will miss being around the kids so much.

I like the post below on older movies, I think Emma missed out on a lot of things. The younger kids usually do :) Oh well, some how they grow and are happy anyway right ;)

Anonymous said...

some of those thing's would not be on my pro side. :(

Ceci

Ceci said...

you know im kinda sad my Birthday isn't on here i mean weve had two weeks since my b-day... you know Christmas Break...