Sunday, January 11, 2009

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

My men got home from the winter freeze out last night. Steve and the younger boys were exhausted. Baxter seemed just fine and probably could have gone again. I worried about them the whole time they were gone because I knew that they were hiking into their site at night and it was suppose to be snowing and also having freezing rain. I was also worried because I know that even though Steve has always loved to hike that he is getting older, is out of shape and his knees and feet bother him. I kept telling them last night that it was a character building activity. My two younger boys learned that they could do something that was really hard for them. They hopefully also learned that when they don't feel like they can go any further and that they have done their best that their load will be lightened so that they can finish. (Steve and Dan B. took part of their load) But ya'll understand what I'm alluding to. Hopefully they also realized that even though their dad knew he would be in considerable pain when he got home that he was willing to go with them because he loves them. They all probably really went for the paintballing in the mountains. Sounds like they really enjoyed that. By the time they hiked down off the mountain they were completely covered with freezing rain. (Boy am I glad I wasn't there.) All things considered I think it was a good experience all around.

6 comments:

Grandpa Sid said...

BRRRRRRRR
Good going guys.

Love Grandpa

Zane and Noah said...

my mom said she was tired just from going to school id like to see her climb what we did . i have to say the hike was worth it for the paintball though it was really fun the sleeping on the ground wasn't though overall the trip was half fun half agony at the top of the mountain second mountain we hauled 20-30 pounds up there were two huge scrambles they were almost going strait up and were at least 10 feet tall and covered in ice the way down wasn't as hard but after paintballing it started to freezing rain witch pretty much made those 1000000 rocks on the trail completely slippery well i better leave the rest to the post i will eventually write

Tina said...

Glad you all survived . . . sounds like it was an experience!

King Family said...

Sounds fun! Im glad you guys survived.

Bainter Family Antics said...

please please don't use the word ya'll!!!! we are NOT red necks!!! or hill billys!

Ceci

Emma said...

Thats really funny Ceci! Sounds like it was a bunch of fun! I would definetly not voluntarily go on that hike, my mom would have to push me up every inch of the way!