Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Meatloaf Surprise!!!


Long, long ago when Steven and I were the only members of our family we went and visited Grandma Blake. It was around lunchtime and she asked if we had eaten yet. We innocently said, "No." She then pulled some cold meatloaf out of the fridge and made us cold meatloaf sandwiches. I loved mine. Yummy! Steve was a good sport and choked his down. At a later date I decided to make meatloaf, because what I liked was supposed to be important too, right? Well I made him Scottish meatloaf that had a whole boiled egg in the middle of each small loaf. He said he liked it and seemingly enjoyed it. I have made meatloaf maybe five more times in our sixteen years and everytime he has said, "Why don't you make that one with the egg in it, you know I liked it." Well tonight was the night since Ceci had been asking me all week when I was making meatloaf. She is like me and really likes it. I made 9 individual loaves all with a surprise boiled egg in it. The conversation around the table went as follows: Ceci, "Oh, Mom this has an egg in it. Hum." Baxter cut into his and said, "An egg, wow!" Zane noticed his too. We then had prayer. Noah started to eat his loaf. He then completely stopped, got an amazed look on his face and said, "There is a whole egg in here, and it's not even mixed in or cut up." He looked up at all of us with total surprise. He couldn't understand why we all burst into laughter. We don't know where he was but he obviously missed something. He just kept shaking his head and looking at that egg and we kept on giggling. Steve again seemingly enjoyed his and much to his joy he gets another for lunch tomorrow.

5 comments:

Tina said...

Cute story . . . again, makes me want to come live at your house!!!

The two old crows said...

rofl Yep I was raised on meatloaf and cold meatloaf sandwiches. Yours sounds like really fun and good.

Ceci said...

noah "Someone put a whole egg in there i mean they didn't cut it open or anything!!!!" hahahahahahahaha i started laughing so hard i was crying. lol.

King Family said...

Did you put this on the food blog thingy.. I would like to try and make it. It sounds really good.

young family said...

I hope you put it on the family food blog too, I am not smart enough to figure the whole thing out ;)

Sounds good, George would probably love it if I liked to cook even one little tiny bit as much as you ;)