Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Couldn't sleep

I got up this morning at 4:20am. I couldn't sleep. I went upstairs and did the two day old dishes, they were beginning to stink. I don't understand why when I am so busy that five children can't smell them and take pity and do them. Then I came downstairs and turned on Steve's computer, he left this morning for Jeffersonville, IN and so now I can use his computer whenever I want without comments about me having one, why do I need to use his. Anyway, I went through my normal routine of checking my three emails. Not much there, amazing how much more junk email you can get than junk mail in the mailbox these days. I then checked out the blogs and was happy to see a new posting. I have loved seeing Becky and Mary Jo's holiday pictures and notations. I also checked out a couple friends blogs and got really excited about Shelly's square foot gardening. Steve and I gardened like that the last couple of years that we were gardening in Utah. Loved it. Tina, you and I should talk about it!! I then went and looked to see what my brother-in-law Lincoln has been up to. I must say that I have always appreciated Lincoln's positive spin on life. I need to be more like him! Now I need to go weigh myself to see if I lost any weight yesterday, and take a shower. I was going to exercise, but the blogging won out. Zane and I need to leave by 7:30am because he has Starbase Atlantis camp this week about 45 minutes away. I will then stay down there and work on my "stupid" research paper until 3:oopm when I go pick him up to bring him home. Luckily the paper is due Friday--so it has to be done and gone, yeah!!! Thanks to all those that are making these days possible: Tina, for taking Stevie and Ceci even though she has a foreign exchange student coming. Mom and Dad, for watching Noah and letting me use their printer since I have used up all the ink in mine. Baxter, for going on the bike trip. Steve, for going to Jeffersonville. I feel so blessed--I LOVE YOU ALL!!! Well hopefully you don't mind my rambling, I enjoyed it!!!

4 comments:

The two old crows said...

I enjoyed it also. You have such a spin on words just like your Grandma Young. I'm glad you are winding down on your paper and almost through with school. It is going to be lonely here without Stevie coming in all on the time.

Tina said...

Sorry you couldn't sleep, but enjoyed your blog entry. I've been kind-a slow on the blogging lately . . . can't think of a thing to say! About the square foot gardening . . . . mom and dad looked at my garden yesterday and said "I thought you didn't grow a garden this year." I'm not, I said . . . those are all weeds. The weeds are huge!!! Hey! Maybe I could blog about that!

It is great having Stevie and Ceci here! I feel so honored that Ceci would come . . . and we've had a chance to talk a little. Mainly McKay is taking up their time! I feel bad that Noah is alone, is he okay with that? You'll get lots of study time in!!

I laughed that you used Steve's computer to blog today. I haven't used my computer since Lincoln left and he won't recognize his when he gets back!!! LITERALLY!

Love ya Trude!

Grandpa Sid said...

Yes, Trudy, you are an excellent blogger. You and Tina both have a real flair with words, as did your grandmother Young. You are both a great source of pride for me.

I do pity Noah, having been "stuck" with his grand parents for a day. The poor little urchin.

Mary Jo said...

Great blog! I love it! (Thanks for reading my blog, too. It's always nice to know the words are not going out into empty space and being lost there.) Good luck with your studies. And thanks for sharing your sleepless morning with us. It was a lovely read. :)