Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Some of my favorite things about Summer

I love walking out onto my front porch and seeing these beautiful hibiscus trees.  I bought them at either a Amish or Menonite nursery earlier this summer.  I was attracted to their braided trunks and big beautiful flowers.  The only one that was bloomed out when I bought it was the pink one.  I bought the others hoping to have three different colors.
Stevie is standing by the red one.  This one doesn't have a braided trunk, but I still liked it.  You can see how big the flowers actually are with Stevie standing there.  I was so excited to see two blossoms at the same time on one plant.
Lovely isn't it?
Finally my favorite!  I was blessed with a bright yellow.  This one really makes me happy.  The touch and orange in the middle is precious.  I don't know how many of you remember that my bedroom was yellow as I was growing up, buttercup yellow.  I loved it.  I am trying to decide which room in my house I can paint yellow?
This is a leaf of my elephant ear hosta.  This baby measures about 16x20.  It is huge.  I love it.  We all love watching this plant grow.  I was so upset when a horrible storm tore off it's biggest leaf.  Within a week this new even bigger leaf replaced it.  The heavens are shining down.  It also helps that Dad has put in a drip system to water most of my plants.  (My dad the life saver--not only for  the plants lives, but for mine as well.)

4 comments:

The two old crows said...

I love to walk around to the front yard and see these flowers. They are beautful!!!!!!!

Tina said...

Those are nice plants Trude . . . and you brought back memories of our yellow room! You could paint your kitchen yellow like I did!!! Just a nicer yellow than the one you currently have!!! Nice to see you blogging!

Mary Jo said...

Beautiful!

Grandpa Sid said...

You raise beautiful flowers, plants, and children too, not to mention You!